We are a bunch of geeks & nerds - it's something we're proud of (although we're better looking and have newer computers than the picture suggests, but you get the idea).
INCUB8 software developers are some of the most talented and experienced in Western Australia and New Zealand.
We have been developing applications and custom software for more than 20 years. Starting with one developer back in the *ahem* early 90's, the team has grown significantly, with the core team is still intact having worked together for more than 15 years.
With a strong background in open-source technologies and experience in web development, application development and embedded systems, you will be hard-pressed to find a more experienced team. Don't just take our word for it, read our testimonials!
Oh, and we have people skills! Yes, you can talk to us without having to be fluent in techno talk.
Software Specification & Design
Do you have an idea about a piece of software you would like to build but don’t know where to start? INCUB8 can help you specify and create a design for your system to take to software developers for quote.
Custom Software Development - Business Process Systems
INCUB8's software developers are skilled in translating business process to systems, delivering business efficiencies. Many of the systems we build are on web-based platforms to facilitate remote access for a mobile workforce.
If you need systems to “talk to each other”, talk to us. We have a lot of experience in systems integration to reduce double handling, data entry and manual processes
Integration of business platforms with touch (mobile) apps.
If you need a web-based system to work well on a touch or mobile device, we can help. Our software developers are experienced in translating website software so that gestures work well on mobile devices.
We are qualified software, electronics and mechanical engineers experienced in embedded systems, data acquisition, image processing, 3D modelling, GPS and process control.
We’re not just software developers, we have a long history of solving problems - asking why something won’t work, getting dirty, pulling things apart and rebuilding them. If you are looking for a group of people to “make it work”, you’ve come to the right place.
- Job Costing, Scheduling & Management system for one of WA's largest home building companies
- Point of sale and inventory management system for automotive performance parts retailer with automated website and eBay listing tool
- Booking Management System for various accommodation providers
- RFID Card Management system including integration with security gates at several large WA ports
- Contract & Production Management system for WA's largest swimming pool manufacturer
Case Study – Apostle Spring Water
Apostle Spring Water bottle fresh spring water from the Darling Ranges to the east of Perth for delivery in 15L bottles to homes and businesses in the metropolitan area. Their business revolves around customers placing one off and recurring orders via an account on the Apostle web site, with payments processed online or collected via cash on delivery. Deliveries are then scheduled based on delivery days assigned to geographic zones.
When we were approached by Apostle we met some very unhappy people. They had spent considerable time and money developing their online store NOT once but TWICE and were embroiled in a vigorous debate with the most recent developer about various aspects of the application. Our investigation revealed the site was unreliable and in some areas incomplete, and over a number of weeks it was determined that the source code of the current store would not be available and the best course was a fresh build.
Over the next few months, we designed, built and commissioned a new store for Apostle. The application is tailored to handle all aspects of Apostle's business process including -
- Placement of orders, including payments and authorization of recurring payments using Eway as a payment processor. One customer may schedule deliveries to multiple addresses, discount vouchers and recurring discounts are handled.
- Collating of orders into delivery zones and days before uploading delivery details to Workwave delivery scheduling software. Drivers record quantities delivered, empty bottles and cash amounts collected into Workwave software using a mobile device.
- Downloading delivery details from Workwave, and transfer of quantities and amounts into the system.
- Full accounting integration with Xero. The system tracks payments and alerts Apostle where recurring payments have failed, cash collections are short, etc. Once deliveries are completed invoicing and payment details are uploaded to Xero. All cash collected passes through a Daily Banking process. All payments are batched and labelled for easy reconciliation against bank feeds in Xero
Implementation proved challenging mostly due to issues with imported data from the historic systems, but within a few weeks the data was all cleaned up and the system functioning properly.
Here's what one of the Business owners, Josh, had to say about working with us
After working with two previous companies at great expense with no success, our third attempt was approached with extreme prejudice and skepticism. Peter and his team at INCUB8 managed our trepidation with professionalism and transparency. Providing complete oversight through the building of the system and very early on in the project it became abundantly clear that INCUB8 had a comprehensive understanding of our business model and processes. Our confidence in INCUB8 grew, especially when faced with complex coding requirements and their solutions were simple cost effective and allowed a platform for future growth of our business. The end result is an extremely powerful piece of software that has provided us with more function, control and most importantly more time. I am more than happy with our experience with INCUB8 and will continue to use them in the future.
This project involved about 450 hours of development, and four months of elapsed time, during 2017.